Are you a B2B company that sells software or goods and services to businesses, and needs to break out from a lull or even stagnation in your growth and hit your stride? Here are key questions to ask yourself to ensure you keep the momentum going, solidly gain traction, and drive real revenue and real scale. Ask yourself these questions:
- How can I get an increase in top-line sales of up to 38% and net profit of 51%, without expanding staffing or physical space? (Implementing a proven method of pipeline management can do this).
- What is the one thing my salespeople must focus on? What distractions does the team face that keeps them from this one thing that is likely hampering our growth? (Get this answer right and you win).
- How accurate and reliable are the sales projections generated by our CRM Pipeline module? Does it accurately predict closings this month at a 95% confidence rate? Have I given up expecting reliable closing projections? Why am I putting up with that? And how do I easily fix it?
- Who by title or department name is responsible for the generation of warm leads and cold calling that can result in closed business? (The correct answer may surprise you).
- How well does my team use market research to help us best understand the market, validate our perceived sweet spots, and identify new or continuing trends? Who gets to decide what new features or products are offered to our clients, and what is that decision based upon? Do we know much about the specifics of our competitors’ offerings and why we are the better choice?
- Do we have issues with misalignment between key departments such as Product, Marketing, Sales, and Support and are we wasting time and harming customer satisfaction because the processes are broken? (Aligning this leads to increased customer satisfaction and retention, and higher profits).
- Should our delivery teams (implementation/training) and client services/help desk be operated as profit centers? Or is there a better way we can do this to measure results, incent a focus from our services teams and increase my bottom line?
- Have I relinquished key decisions to the team and department level, or must all decisions come from the top? Is this preventing growth, and is it a choke point for our success? (There is a way to take your leadership team to a new level of excellence).
This is a quick list. Please see our related and more detailed articles at www.penonpartners.com for the specific steps you should consider.
It is important to note that the answers to these questions are interrelated. The answer that appears to be the best solution to a single question may be the wrong answer in a holistic model. Fixing just one thing merely fixes that one thing, but may cause breakage in the overall process. If not coordinated with the solutions to the other questions, disharmony, and large, missed benefits will be incurred.
Penon Partners stands ready to help.
Let us know if you have a need: www.penonpartners.com
© 2023 Penon Partners, LLC