An international IoT/MVNO/Software recurring services company was experiencing quality issues and long delays (>100 days) in the customer onboarding phase (hardware and software services). The onboarding process required mobilizing experts in different teams to configure the profile, activate the online services and the pricing model, and required many tests and training with the clients. Customers were complaining, the effort to resolve the issues was costly, and revenue was also being directly delayed. They needed to improve their onboarding process. They wanted to simplify it to activate faster the subscription services and avoid churn.
Penon Partners led the improvement of the customer onboarding process from the diagnosis to the full implementation of the recommendations. We managed as follows:
Define the root cause of the issues
- Organized of a two-day workshop with all key players involved in the process (step-by-step problem analysis, brainstorming on solutions, small group sessions)
- Formalized the recommended process (steps, roles and deliverables) and developed the implementation plan.
Implementation (6 months)
- Ensured communication plan for all teams.
- Led the execution of the plan (new workflow, new deliverables, system adjustments).
- Optimized Sales Force CRM integration with ERP and Core application business
- Supported all departments to ensure effective implementation.
Reduced customer onboarding time by 250% (same as competition) and increased quality allowed for new testing capabilities for pre-sales to customers.