A US based manufacturing and service company was using paper for its accounts payable processes. As a result they were wasting a lot of time struggling to get proper approvals, being overwhelmed by piles of invoices on desks, and receiving constant complaints from vendors and operations. They decided to automate their processes by implementing KOFAX (Robotic Process Automation) tool.
Penon Partners led the KOFAX system implementation project and managed the change management. The challenges were to integrate KOFAX into the IT architecture and flows and encourage the AP team to adopt it. We proceeded as follows:
Defined use cases:
- Identify the business use cases and organization changes: 2 vs 3 way match per invoice type, new roles.
- Design the future processes, system integration and workflows
- Validate with CFO and AP leaders the necessary adjustments to their organization.
- Wrote business specifications for KOFAX and IT departments
- Set up the tool: interfaces, workflows and use profiles
- Led test cases, test execution with AP team and reviews.
Secure the operations
- Trained the team and wrote their Standard Operating Procedures.
This KOFAX integration drastically reduced processing time and also improved data quality and approval reliability. Vendors are paid on time, teams can track volumes and performances and clarify organization roles from the Purchase Order to the receipt and payment. FP&A has access to the tool for consultation and Accruals purposes and can focus on spend analysis.