A Chemical manufacturing and distribution company rolled out a digital transformation program with Sage X3 to improve and standardize their core business processes. This project had a huge impact on critical business work streams (“Manufacturing”, “Order to Cash”, “Procure to Pay”, “Finance” and “BI-Reporting’) and required a dedicated project structure and change management for a successful implementation.
Penon Partners led the Finance stream and change management for one of the branches, throughout all the phases of the project.
The responsibilities and deliverables included:
- Finance processes mapping: defined processes and roles with local users.
- Master data management: prepare the standardization and the addition of new data (lot numbers, expiration dates..), and led the data migration. Define the future governance.
- User testing: organized tests with Key-users, from test case definition to end-to-end validation.
- Change management: organized ongoing internal communication on the project progress, Standard Operating Procedures drafting by key users, and led the training planning to ensure local buy-in and business alignment.
- Developed financial reports with Sage Enterprise Intelligence.
The ERP X3 went live for the branch with a fast ramp-up and adoption. The stabilization phase was quick for such projects and the operational benefits were visible after 3 months of running period. The new system streamlined the core processes of the company and enabled new capabilities.