A $21B privately held company decided to begin implementation of a hybrid cloud strategy to utilize both AWS and Azure. This required analyzing hundreds of on-prem applications, database services and several thousand workloads (VMs). The objective was to create a reusable set of reference architectures, automations and methodologies that their delivery teams could utilize to both migrate existing on-prem workloads and accelerate the deployment of new workloads into the clouds.
Performed Application Analysis
- Identified common architectures and platforms
Built New Hybrid Cloud Environment for AWS and Azure
- Identified and designed Security Requirements
- Designed reusable Reference Architectures for identified common architectures and platforms
- Developed reusable Landing Zones and Terraform Automation
Migrated Pilot Applications to AWS and Azure
- Developed Business and Technology Scoring Methodology and Cloud Decision Tree
- Identified pilot applications using scoring methodology
- Designed the solution architecture for each application
- Mentored the customer as they executed the pilot applications
This project provided the customer with a solid foundation that they could use to complete the journey to their Hybrid Cloud. Deliverables included: Reference Architectures, Security Requirements, Landing Zones, Terraform Automation, Scoring Methodology, Solution Architectures, and hands-on experience executing migrations to both AWS and Azure.