A $21B privately held company decided it was necessary to assess the maturity of their Cloud Business Office (CBO) before implementation of their hybrid cloud strategy. They recognized that to achieve the transformation benefits they wanted from the Cloud it would require transforming business processes in addition to switching to cloud technologies.
Completed Maturity Assessment
- Completed Business Alignment Pulse for rapid stop light report
- Conducted in-depth maturity assessment interviews for areas identified as red or yellow lights
- Delivered maturity assessment findings based on AWS/Azure best practice Cloud Target Operating Model
- Provided recommendations for specific capabilities that should be matured
Designed future state Cloud Business Office (CBO) and Platform Engineering Operating Model
- Pipeline and Deployment Design
- Cost Management Framework
- Developed Cost Benefits Framework for Migrations
- Documented Security Governance
- Designed Operations and Support Model
- Developed CBO Performance Measurements
Created CBO Roadmap and Refined Backlog
It was determined that this company needed to mature its Cost Management and Performance Measurements capabilities in order to achieve the necessary benefits from the Cloud. The CBO Roadmap and Refined Backlog deliverable provided them with a path to reach the maturity level they desired.