After multiple acquisitions and a strategic transformation to provide IoT services at a large scale in addition to hardware solutions, a global IoT player decided to accelerate and unify the online experience provided to customers.
The objectives were threefold: 1) to provide a unified and modern online customer experience (low touch, self-serve, end-to-end support, try & buy, dashboard); 2) Integrate the internal process and multiple systems to reduce costs to serve; and 3) improve NPS and customer service.
Penon Partners drove the CX Program, designed the future operating model and the architecture with the business leaders (sales enablement, operations, marketing, customer service, technical support, RMA, IT, R&D), and managed the RFP to select the integrator.
The approach taken to capture the overall vision, align all stakeholders, and translate it into a realistic plan was:
- Set the vision and formalize the expectations per core process and online service (with business leaders at all stages)
- Design the global User Experience (UX) and main architecture principles
- Design the future online experience, systems, and flows per core process
- Manage the RFP from requirements to proposal analysis, oral organization, and final reports
- Select vendor, finalize budget, create a resource plan, and define main milestones
In 5 months, the future core model and process flows were designed and validated with and by all the business leaders. Some quick wins were already implemented to improve the current experience w/o changing systems. The RFP was sent to vendors.
3 months later, the RFP and selection process was complete, ready for final decision by the VP CX / COO.